Enterprise Mobility Strategy
Enterprise Mobility is the continuation of the digital revolution that started with the web 2.0 and cloud computing. It’s about the possibilities of efficiency and cost savings that can be achieved when your employees are no longer tethered to a desk, it’s about improving and optimizing processes and workflows that’s outdated and still paper based, and it’s about providing customers with another way to access your core business products or services.
Consumer mobility has already permeated every aspect of our lives, and it’s about time we applied that same thinking and freedom to our company and our business processes as well.
Empirical Works is the industry expert in corporate and enterprise mobility strategy in Australia, and we thrive on solving business problems through strategic mobile thinking. Our portfolio of work and experience across different industries and projects provides us with an extensive understanding of how the unique mobile strategies, design and technologies needs to be applied to achieve measurable results, and how the mobile thinking needs to be tweaked and modified for different companies, different situations and different needs.
Let us help you to better understand this mobility space, review the best practices and what the industry leaders in your field are working on, and help you move ahead past your competitors with a more effective long-term mobility plan and solution implementations.
- Enterprise Mobility is one of the most important initiatives for businesses in 2016+, identical to where web technology in the early 2000s
Some important trends:
• Industry Spending
– “Massive technology and spending arms race in 2015” (Forrester)
– $72 Billion in 2015, will grow to $284 Billion in 2019 (451 Research)
– USD$1.5 Billion by Home Depot, USD$550 Million by Hilton Worldwide (Forrester)
• More devices – currently an employee uses an average of three, will increase to six (Gartner)
• Personalised content, like the consumer space, will enter enterprise space, through the concept of roles (Lee Wagner, AT&T Mobility)
- As mobile phones and tablets are so entrenched in our personal lives, businesses cannot ignore or stop the trend of mobile devices moving into the enterprise space
• As a minimum, all businesses will need to understand how BYOD devices and mobile technology will affect their business, around issues such as security, employee behaviour, customer behaviour, and impact on IT infrastructure
• As best practice, businesses should be proactive and take advantage of this opportunity, and increase their competitiveness, productivity and efficiency through successful implementations of mobility strategies and solutions
- By having a strong, well thought out mobility plan and following it through, businesses can increase their competitive advantage and ROI.
Some industry examples of where enterprise mobility has achieved results (451 research)
• 57% Operational Efficiency
• 39% Create New Revenue Opportunities
• 38% Improving Productivity
• 35% Customer Service
Enterprise mobility and Enterprise Mobility Strategy is about leveraging the power of mobility to increase efficiency, decrease costs and increase overall profit. It’s about the flexibility of being able to work away from the desk, while at the same time adding the power of metadata, search and data capturing capabilities of mobile devices to existing processes.
It’s about taking what the web revolutions started with enterprise software and taking it to the next level, to make the content richer, more accurate, accessible and achieve better results.
Implementing a successful enterprise mobility strategy though, is not as simple as developing consumer facing mobile apps. It’s not a simple matter of making an app and uploading it to the app store – it requires an understanding of business requirements, technical capabilities of mobile devices, and the underlying enterprise infrastructure requirements. It requires planning out multiple apps in a scalable and sustainable fashion, with clearly defined goals and targeted ROI milestones and roadmaps, and most of all, it requires a total understanding of the enterprise mobility that takes into account the unique hardware, software and usability constraints of the mobility space.
And this is where Empirical Works can help you with your business’s Enterprise Mobility journey– we’re the consultants that understand both mobility and businesses, and we can help you navigate the mobile ecosystem to get the results that you need.